ABOUT dr. nicole calloway rankins
Hello! I'm Nicole. I'm a wife, mother to 2 girls, an ob/gyn physician, and podcast host.
how i got here to serve you
It was a rocky and painful road to get where I am today.
I won’t bore you with the details. But the short story is that I finished my residency training in 2006 and then spent 9 long years not feeling confident, comfortable, or invested in my work. And I was pretty miserable. Everything came to a spectacular head when I was told that because of my poor performance, I was in danger of getting fired. This was devastating for me, a type Aish person who's used to be being a high achiever.
As painful as that was, almost being fired ended up being one of the best things that ever happened to me. It led me to reevaluate my life and helped me move towards work that I now know I was born to do. I realized that I am NOT a poor performer. I just needed work that was a better match for my skills, passion and purpose.
So these days I have the privilege of helping women get knowledgeable, prepared, confident and empowered to have a beautiful pregnancy and birth! I do that through my podcast All About Pregnancy & Birth, my free online class on how to make a birth plan, and my online childbirth education class The Birth Preparation Course. And as a practicing ob/gyn, I get to catch babies too!
my education and training
How I can Help You
I'm here to serve you by providing holistic, evidence-based information to help you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth.
The All About Pregnancy & Birth Podcast
Join me each week on the highly rated podcast as I break down topics, share women's birth stories, and interview interesting and innovative experts. All to help you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth.
Looking For A Childbirth Class?
If you plan to give birth in the hospital then I know you want to:
If this sounds like you then take a look at my Online Birth Preparation Course! This course utilizes my Beautiful Birth Prep Process™️ to ensure you'll be knowledgeable, prepared, confident and empowered to have a beautiful birth.
My Affirmations For A Beautiful Pregnancy & Birth
These soothing and positive affirmations are just what you need to help you feel calm and peaceful during your pregnancy and birth.
do i still practice medicine?
I sure do! I work as an ob/gyn hospitalist. Most of my clinical time is spent on labor and delivery, helping women bring life into this world. I absolutely love it and am a passionate advocate for helping women like you have a beautiful experience giving birth.
5 facts about me
- In 2007 my first daughter was born 8 weeks premature. She had an intestinal malformation called duodenal atresia that required surgery. She spent 1 month in the NICU. She's perfectly healthy now :).
- I. LOVE. HGTV. My favorite show is House Hunters.
- I’m a HUGE podcast fan. Some of my favorites are Serial (seasons 1 and 3), Dirty John, S-Town, Dr. Death, several business podcasts and of course my own podcast All About Pregnancy & Birth!
- When I was in college I studied abroad for a year in Kenya. On my way back home I visited Egypt. It's impossible to describe what it's like to go on safari and see ancient ruins in person.
- I love hoop earrings (of all sizes!) and hate eye makeup (something about having stuff on my eyes is awkward for me...).
Would You Like Holistic, Evidence-Based Info To Help You Have Your Best pregnancy & Birth?
Join My Email List!
Emails about once a week. Never any spam. Especially great for 1st time moms.